As trans-national partnership, this 7-days exchange will involve youth organizations coming from Georgia, Italy, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Ukraine and will bring participants aged 18-25 together to discuss and develop volunteerism ethic and practice. Participants will share volunteer ideas and experiences as well as learn about local, national, and international volunteer opportunities. They will communicate and build consensus, and will present their acquired knowledge to their home communities. Participants will come to this Exchange with very different views on community volunteering as well as very diverse social and cultural realities. They will leave with a positive awareness of each other as well as a strong understanding of what it means to be a European citizens. All will have learned how intercultural dialogue can lead to improved community standards, how volunteering benefits not only the community but also the volunteer and how voluntary activities promote active citizenship.
This youth Exchange will:
• promote young people’s active citizenship in general because volunteerism is a critical part of being involved in developing civil society. Additionally, developing a strong volunteer ethic is an integral part of being European Citizens especially for newly extended Europe.
• develop solidarity and promote tolerance among participants, as well as to foster social cohesion between youngsters coming from EU and EECA countries by exploring new ways to be European Citizens through and in volunteering.
• foster cultural diversity and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities and share volunteering experience as possible ways to make the volunteering as a tool for social change.
• contribute to raise awareness on importance of social skills development as a life long learning process encouraging young people for greater involvement within their community.
• provide participants with information about the Youth in Action Programme and encourage young people to volunteering in order to promote creativity and entrepreneurship and face youth unemployment.
For more details please e-mail us at email@example.com